Scriptures in the prophecy of Amos and the Book of Acts tell us of God’s mission promise to renew and rebuild “the tabernacle of David.” The term tabernacle can describe a physical place of worship or a spiritual dwelling place of God. Throughout the Bible, the concept of tabernacle indicates God’s presence, His relationship with us, and our relationship with Him.
As God’s Tabernacle—His Church—He calls us to Jesus’ wonderful mission of restoration. This mission includes:
- coming to God and offering ourselves to Him
- accepting God’s forgiveness and restoration, like King David did
- celebrating God’s restoring work in our lives
- giving God our offerings of prayer, praise, and worship
- being grateful for the rich heritage that the Jewish people have given all of us—especially the blessing of our Lord Jesus Christ
- honoring Jesus Christ in all we do and say
- expressing the love and care of Jesus to all people
- praying for the Holy Spirit to guide us in our mission to tell the Good News of God’s love and restoration to people everywhere.